Tuesday 27 January 2009

Tuesday 27th January - Daydreaming

I knew this would happen. It's poetic justice, or cruel irony, or something like that. I start a blog to regale stories of amusement and disbelief in my place of work and on only the second day I have absolutely nothing to talk about. The minions actually behaved themselves today. One lady did inadvertently insult my colleague Steve but he made her feel uncomfortable so justice was served almost instantly. The whole episode screamed of a cringeworthy scene from The Office. She may not return for a while.

I did have quite an odd dream on Saturday night. I was at a friends party (a fantastic party too I might add) and several things that had featured throughout the evening created the ingredients for what was a particularly random sleeping hallucination. I was discussing with someone how I preferred it when a girl made you work for her affection, having it given to you on a plate we deliberated, was not a hugely attractive quality. I guess it depends on a multitude of factors but based on the situation I felt I was in my thought processes led me to believe that this was the correct course of action. Maybe this is why i am single.

Anyway, my night time coma experience began with me chasing a girl around various different places, a green area with statues and a water park spring to mind. Coincidentally, it was a girl I had met at the party who I was chasing, and as dreams go, it was panning out splendidly. Running around, flirting and with a knowingness that something good was likely to occur. When I located her at the end of a flume in my fantasy water world I excitedly moved in for a kiss, only to be knocked back almost immediately. She then smiled quite demonically and suddenly disappeared. BITCH (may I point out that the human version of this person is anything but).

Confused was not the word, I had no idea what had just taken place. Luckily for me another friend appeared, also a party guest that night and also the friend that had introduced me to the girl who was now rejecting me in my sleep. I remember this much of the conversation...

Me: "What just happened, why didn't she kiss me?"

Elin: "Because she's a Jehovah's Witness!"

RIDICULOUS. Though at the time I accepted this as a perfectly reasonable excuse! After reading up on the aforementioned religious movement tonight I still have no clue as to its significance. Maybe it was an elaborate Monty Python gag that went straight over my head, or perhaps I should just stop writing this very second.

I pray something happens at work tomorrow. If I have to keep describing my dreams I'm likely to be committed.

Shit, I've got a day off.




Nico

1 comment: